Wednesday, December 30, 2015

"The Flea Market" by Craig Zimmerman

The other day, I was  driving through Federal Way when I noticed that the old Flea Market was gone. 

I don't even remember the official name of the auction-thrift-knick-knack store, to my boyhood amusement it was always called  "The Flea Market."

Most of the flea market was composed of  booths where vendors sold a variety of items. I just loved looking through forgotten corners where I could find old books and magazines and maybe a Wheat penny, a Buffalo nickel, or a Mercury dime for my coin collection.

Over the years, The Flea Market lost some of it's charm and became more of an antique store. Eventually, even that was gone.

I have noticed that it is just about impossible now to find places like the  flea market. Everything has become more commercialized and there is little room left for kind strangers who are willing to give a young boy a good deal on an old Wheat penny.




No comments:

Post a Comment