Monday, May 2, 2011

Osama Bin Laden

I expected to be more thrilled that Osama Bin Laden has finally been brought to justice. I think my reaction has been dulled by the lies,scandals,corruption and the manipulation of genuine patriotism by cynical politicians and media figures trying to inflate their own profits or standing by talking tough about Bin Laden. In the hunt for Bin Laden thousands of innocent people in Iraq,Afghanistan and elsewhere have been killed and innocent Americans and others have been subjected to unconstitutional intrusions,spying,interrogations,torture,and imprisonment. I think I am also cynical because of a persistent economic downturn and unemployment that was caused in part by the enormous military spending and general government lawlessness that occurred after 9-11.

The victims of 9-11 and their families have finally received a measure of justice, but the cost has been damn high.

No comments:

Post a Comment