Saturday, May 7, 2011

The poem "Mother" by L.C. McCollum

   The following is a poem by L.C. McCollum called  "Mother"

 "At close of spring day in Sable. I sat in my room all alone, And the sun was slowly sinking, As my thots turned back to home.

 Thots of my dear lonely mother, And how much was hers to bear,Then again in my fancy I'd see her, In an old and familar chair.

Always a-thinking of me,and constantly praying too, Slowly it then dawned on me, Of all that she had been through.

The long endless nights of waiting, And those anxious days of pain, The wishing, hoping and praying, For my safe returning again,

 As skies went tinting blue and gold, I knelt in reverent prayer, Blessing the mothers of all men, God's Heroes, waiting "Back There."

           My first poem dedicated to my truest friend, "My Mother."

No comments:

Post a Comment